2012年9月15日 星期六

Melatonin As a Sleep Aid


Sleepless in SoCal

I work at a pretty stressful job, and on top of that, I have to worry about all the things that I'm sure you are familiar with - rent, bills, family, etc... Sleep was not something I thought much about, or had. I convinced myself that I could function on 3 or 4 hours of sleep every night, and for a while I actually did. But people aren't made to do that, and eventually it started taking its toll on me. I started to forget things at work, getting sick more often, and breaking down in general. I went through life like a zombie, just going through the motions.

A Turning Point

It was at a family function actually, that I realized I had to get help. Everyone was celebrating at a wedding, and without knowing it, I had snapped at several people and long story short - I made a complete embarrassment of myself. I had already become known as the family grouch, and I realized that this was not who I wanted to be. I needed a change.

Changes

I made a conscious decision to become more lucid, and to become healthier. I started eating less fast food, and more vegetables, and tried to make time to cook. The one thing I had trouble with was sleeping. For the life of me, I could not fall asleep at night, and the anxiety I felt when I thought about facing the following day made things worse. I tried a sleeping pill, but then I got headaches and so I quit that.

Discovering Melatonin

Desperate to find answers, I came across something called melatonin supplements. In short - these were supplements that increased the level of melatonin in your body - the hormone that regulates sleep cycles. I thought it was worth a shot, and so I started taking them. Over the next 2-3 weeks, I found that most nights I was getting 6-7 hours of sleep - almost double what I was getting before! On top of that, I felt refreshed and I felt like myself again.




To me, using melatonin as sleep aid was a life changer. I found that I felt alive again, and that I wasn't going through life as a zombie anymore. I would highly recommend melatonin to anyone struggling with insomnia - trust me, I know it's no joke. For more information about melatonin, visit: Melatonin As Sleep Aid





This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.

沒有留言:

張貼留言