2012年9月10日 星期一

Sleeping Pills Review - Natural Sleep Aids


Looking for a sleeping pills review of natural sleep aids? These can really help with sleeplessness. Read what I discovered during my research for insomnia.

Here is my short review of sleeping pills specifically natural sleeping aids and herbal remedies and how I overcame insomnia. I have suffered from insomnia for years. Like most people my insomnia was caused by all the everyday stresses and strains that life throws at us.

I had a very stressful job and my brain was constantly going. Even when it was time to sleep I just could not switch off. You know those nights very well. It's like the night will go on forever, so you decide to take a sleeping pill and you still don't get any sleep and the next day you feel rubbish with that hung over feeling so you go to work and are unable to function which causes even more stress. It was a vicious cycle.

I then decided to do some research and found that if you do not get at least 7 hours of sleep every night, your body and especially your brain does not repair itself. I discovered that a very important chemical called Melatonin that naturally occurs in the body and controls your internal clock. Melatonin is produced when we are asleep and during the night when it is dark. So if we do not sleep Melatonin will be reduced.

Research shows that other causes for the reduction in melatonin is the huge amount of light that we are exposed to in our daily lives from office lights, computers etc. It also says that stress can reduce melatonin.

I then researched to see what natural sleep aids there were on the market and what their ingredients were. Below are the main ones that help with insomnia.

Melatonin - As well as being produced naturally by the body it is also produced by plants and certain foods like rice.

5-HTP - It is naturally extracted from the seeds of the Griffonia tree found in West African countries. This can help increase your melatonin levels.

Valerian Root - Taken from the Valerian plant only the root is used. Many of our ancestors have used this natural remedy for centuries. Gamma Amino Butyric Acid or GABA is an amino acid that naturally occurs in the body especially in the nervous system. It basically prevents certain neurons going into overdrive so helping the brain to relax.

The Passion Flower is a very popular plant and is grown in many private gardens giving a display of purple and white flowers during the summer. I also discovered that I have them in my garden!

My self help tips for insomnia include You must try and go to bed at the same time every night, because the body needs a routine to follow. If you do this you will begin to feel tired at the same time each night.


Do not have caffeine or alcohol up to two hours before you go to bed. Caffeine stimulates the brain to stay awake. This includes all soda and carbonated drinks as many people don't realise that these drinks also contains quite high levels of caffeine.
Read a book. I always find that after about 2 pages I am gone........ zzzzzzzzzz
Try clearing your mind of all thoughts. This is not as easy as it sounds so I just think of the colour white and concentrate to block out all thoughts and only imagine the colour white.




I have suffered with insomnia on and off for years and I wanted to share with you my review of a product I found. I have tried many different natural remedies and sleeping pills over the years, but they only worked some of the time. I could not find one that worked 100% of the time. More information on how to safely use sleep aids to ensure a restful night of sleep can be found at Natural Sleep Aids





This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.

3 則留言:

  1. Vаluаble informatiοn about Sleeping Pills . Lucκy me I discοverеԁ уоur ωеbsite
    accidentally, anԁ I'm stunned why this coincidence didn't haрpened еarlier!

    Natural Aids to Sleep!

    回覆刪除
  2. Thanks for post! Wow nice Health solution usa Natural Sleeping Pills.

    回覆刪除
  3. Really Nice Blog !Health and Weight Loss Supplements Good soultiion in usa Natural Sleeping Pills

    回覆刪除